Hi list!

I was surfing on the archives and this issue was submitted once for
discussion and that issue was resolved.  However, I have a variant of it
that I need to resolve.   I am doing this on my code when trying to
process a file called COPY OF DETAILDATA.TXT:

PGM        PARM(&OBJ)

DCL        VAR(&OBJ)      TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1000)
DCL        VAR(&SYSPATH)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1000)

RTVNETA    SYSNAME(&SYSTEM)
MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(DO)
  CHGVAR     VAR(&MSG)
             VALUE('ERROR: Cannot access network attribute.')
  GOTO       CMDLBL(END)
ENDDO

CHGVAR     VAR(&SYSPATH)
             VALUE('"\\' *CAT &SYSTEM *TCAT '\ROOT\TEST\' *CAT &OBJ *TCAT
'"')

STRPCO
MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)
STRPCCMD   PCCMD(&SYSPATH) PAUSE(*YES)

ENDPGM

However, is not working for me.  I have the PC message:
'\\TT400\ROOT\TEST\Copy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable
program or batch file.

When I debug the variable &SYSPATH , its value before the STRPCCMD command
is:
"\\TT400\ROOT\TEST\Copy of DETAILDATA.txt

I can't find the double quotes I am inserting in the variable and I am
using *TCAT so I can truncate blanks at the end of the &OBJ variable, but
this is not working.

What I am missing?

TIA,

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)