Hey Rob,

No the table is not creating.  From what I have read, when you create a
table to a library for which a user profile exists with the same name,
then the object will pull ownership and authority of that user profile as
opposed to the executer of the create table.  I have *ALL authority to
OTPTEST1 and AMPGMR user profile objects.  I also have *ALL authority to
OTPTEST1 the library.  Because it doesn't even create the table, it is
difficult to see what it is doing.

If I switch the script over to *SYS syntax from *SQL, then the table
creates with me as the owner and my group profile as the primary group
profile.  I just don't know what it is doing with *SQL and since all my
scripts are generated with a tool that only knows *SQL syntax, it is quite
inconvenient.

Mark

date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:52:35 -0400
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: Create Table Security

Traditionally when I see a Group profile assigned I also see Owner
changed
from *USRPRF to *GRPPRF.

When a user is a member of a group profile you can do a WRKOBJ on the
group profile and see that user, for example
DSPOBJAUT OBJ(SYSGENPGMR) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF)
                         Object
User        Group       Authority
*PUBLIC                 *EXCLUDE
ACCTG                   USER DEF

DSPUSRPRF ACCTG
Group profile  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   SYSGENPGMR
Owner  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *GRPPRF
Group authority  . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Group authority type . . . . . . . . . . . :   *PRIVATE

However I understand what you are doing - just never seen it done that
way.

Using your technique.  On an existing library I got
MCH1001-Attempt to use permanent system object ROB without authority.
The library was owned by user ROB.  And if I do a DSPOBJAUT ROB *USRPRF
will not see this new user in there.

On a whole new library or collection, no problem:
create collection acctgx
Schema ACCTGX created.
CREATE TABLE acctgx/YA (MYCHAR CHAR (5 ) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
PRIMARY KEY (MYCHAR))
Table YA created in ACCTGX.
LABEL ON TABLE ACCTGX/YA IS 'duh'
LABEL ON for YA in ACCTGX completed.

Does it create your table and is it only the label on that is failing?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108