Yes, but MF39361 is also one of the defective PTFs which must be removed before
the fixing PTF is applied. Only thing is, the fixing PTF MF39611 does not
appear to be available yet, correct?

Anybody know if/when the next cume comes out (or hipers, or something fixing
the problem) would the install process automatically remove MF39361 before
fixing it? I'm trying to decide whether I really do need to manually remove
MF39361 (since it will require an IPL) or if I can just wait for a future PTF
package to fix it. MF39361 is only installed *TEMP on our V5R3 system.

Thanks,
-Marty

------------------------------

date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:12:25 -0500
from: Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Defective PTF link

Paul,

I noticed the same problem here when I read the Defect list.  I had the
same reaction and decided to ignore it.

I put the latest Cume on both systems here within the last month plus
the Hiper that came out at the same time (sorry, forget which one).  And
now MF39123 shows as Superseded by MF39361, which is in an 'Installed'
state (not perm applied).  MF39361 shows MF33150 as a co-req and MF34473
and MF36280 as reqs.

BTW, do you really think you can make the transition from freezing your
buns off in Chicagoland to frying 'em off in Tejas?  Actually, just
checked and the temp doesn't seem that bad (94-97 this weekend) and the
humidity should be a lot less the further away from the Lake you get.

        * Jerry C. Adams