Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Dave Murvin
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 01:41
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: RE: Sending Status message with QMHSNDPM blanks whole screen

I thought that since the existing display has a message subfile on line
24 that it might be interfering with the status messages.  I am just
trying to send a *STATUS message to the *EXT message queue.  The
existing display is RSTDSP = *YES.

I am calling the QMHSNDPM API via a prototyped subprocedure in a service
program.  I use the message subfile for normal error messages, but did
not want to be manually executing a format with the message subfile just
to see the status.

This same subprocedure and service program work as desired when I call a
program from the command line.  The status message is displayed on line
24 while the program is loading data, then the programs subfile is
displayed.