no one is providing an example of where an asyncronous transaction is
needed in a business application.

Pretty much any process that requires moving data from one host to another
is a good candidate for asyncronous operation. It insulates the users from
various nasty items like network outages/lags, hosts being unavailable, etc.

We use just such a setup for pretty much all our outbound shipping
information, edi and otherwise. The user says 'ship it', and then goes to
work on something else. If there is a problem, the system can notify them
later, no reason to have them tied up doing something useless like watching
a cursor blink while the transfer occurs.