May I suggest that you compare your requirements against our product
DetectIT, you may be pleasantly surprised.  We have been providing
security tools in this space since the days of the System 38.  As an
added bonus we are about 100 miles away to the east near Philly.

Please feel free to visit www.safestone.com
or contact me offline.

Regards

Martin A Norman
Technical Services
Safestone Technologies
mnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1-800-558-3544  ext. 8018

Safestone: a new simplicity

This email and/or attachments are privileged and confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us immediately. Disclosure, distribution or
copying of this email other than by the addressee is strictly
prohibited. The company does not warrant that the information is free of
a virus or any other defect that may affect the recipient's computer
system and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

message: 1

date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:34:58 -0400

from: "Greg Wenzloff" <GWenzloff@xxxxxxxxxxx>

subject: Securing Exit Points

I work at a small manufacturing company that has not been very concerned
with extreme security measures. However we have been purchased by a much
larger corporation and now must master SOX compliance.

Auditors insist that we must secure all exit points which could allow
data to be updated. Must do this ASAP.

1st question is how do I figure out if any of our network applications

can be turned off? Easier than that - how do I find out which has been

started and by what mechanism? I know I need FTP, ODBC, and Telnet but
some of the others I don't know enough about them.

2nd question: It's pretty obvious that I'll NOT be writing any exit
point programs so we are trying to find a vendor that can supply us with
a complete set of software to help us secure our system (Model 720 at
V4R4).

So far PowerTech NetworkSecurity looks pretty good. Are there others

that are recommended?

We must also secure same network security holes in our WIN severs. Any
suggestions would be appreciated but probably should go direct to me.

I'm about 80 miles NW of Washington D.C.. <Waynesboro PA> Any skillful

security consultants may contact me direct. Possible short Gig.

Working way too much on SOX,

Greg Wenzloff