From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 2:42 PM
To: Midrange-L
Subject: CPYF Command Error?

I encountered something new this afternoon.  Seems like a bug to me but,
before I report it, I wanted to know if it is, indeed, a bug or anomaly.

I wrote a CL that sets up a test file.  The CL contains:

    OVRDBF   FILE(FILEA)  TOFILE(LIBA/FILEA)

A conversion program runs.  Then I have a CPYF command:

CPYF       FROMFILE(LIBB/FILEB)                         +
             TOFILE(LIBC/FILEA) MBROPT(*REPLACE)               +
             FMTOPT(*MAP *DROP)

The anomaly (to me, anyway) is that, even though the CPYF's TOFILE
explicitly names the library as LIBC, it was the LIBA file that got the
copy.  Once I put a DLTOVR FILEA between the conversion program and the
CPYF command things went as I expected (i.e., LIBC/FILEA received the data).

Am I in error to expect an explicit definition (TOFILE(LIBC/FILEA) in
this case) to take precedence over an OVRDBF?  I mean, if I had simply
said TOFILE(FILEA) I could understand what happened; i.e., the override
being used instead of necessarily searching the library list.

Thanks.