Beyond whether I can do it or not, the ultimate issue is, can a
multi-volume CD be read and processed on operating systems back to V4R3

I'm thinking out load from hear on in case somebody knows something
about a side issue of the mastering process.

I found that I can master a library larger than will fit on a CD, though
putting the save to tape job in the mastering state seems to add about
30 extra minutes of "do nothing" processing to the job if the library is
over 680 MB. I actually forced an IPL the first time it happened because
the system appeared to be doing nothing with no processing load showing.
Later I tried it again, got distracted by a phone call and noticed that
at some point the process did continue to a normal end. A third time I
actually watched the job until it resumed after the strange "what the
hell is it doing?" delay. The job had no load, the stack appeared to be
stuck, the tape light was on but the tape was not moving.

It shouldn't have been a question of lots of object locks to make
because the library has only a few objects in it.

Perhaps I will burn a cd using the multi-volume option of Nero. I'll be
surprised if it works.

Thanks for the response.
Steve Moland

date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:09:46 -0400
from: Bryan Dietz <BDietz@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: COPY from CD - *like CPYFRMTAP

If you happen to be on V5R3+ you can use the virtual optical
device for
SAV/RST.