I have a program that is bringing in the LDA (partially externally described partially program described).

** Fetch external description of LDA
D LDA           E DS                  EXTNAME(LDA)
** PROGRAM STATUS DATA STRUCTURE
D    LDU#IDAT           198    204  0
D    LDU#EDAT           205    210  0
C     *DTAARA       Define    *LDA          LDA
C                   In        LDA

I've been told the program intermitently gets a DDE on the LDA. I haven't been told which field. I've searched the archives and read about fifty posts on this subject and added
H FIXNBR(*INPUTPACKED)
to the H spec.

I tried;
FIXNBR(*ZONED *INPUTPACKED)
but SEU gave me RNF0312
A right parenthesis is expected but is not found.
with the curser placed on the second astersk(*).  Is it possible to do both?

The TESTN and CHECK op codes look at alpha fields to see if they have valid numeric data in them. It it possible to look at the numeric field (LDU#IDAT) to see if it's valid and clear it if it isn't?
or is there a %bif that would work?

also, link: http://www.midrangecomputing.com/ftp/prog/92/B920106.txt
seems to be broken.

V5R2M0