Ric,

This is a little strange to me. If you have not been to COMMON "for many years", how on earth would you have any idea about its current incarnation? How would you have any idea of its "politcal (stet) arena"? I ~have~ been a member for many years, and attended many conferences in the last 15 years. I do believe your outside observations are totally incorrect.

I encourage you to attend a COMMON conference and see the value in the education. And while you are there, I suggest you will be looking hard to find the politics. Oh yeah, and while you are there, volunteer! That might at least give you the correct perspective.

Trevor
tperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: <rcweide@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The globalization of COMMON, or is this the right direction?

*** Please pay close attention when replying to a message on this list!
*** If you want the reply to go to the list, use REPLY-TO-ALL
*** Recruiters may advertise only permanent employment positions in this list.

Steve,

I think you are right on. I have not been to Common for many years, and feel that it has turned into a politcal arena, and not the technology benfit it was once.

Ric Weide
email: rcweide@xxxxxxx
Tel: (678) 575-2620