I have a customer with a new i5 520 that we added 4 drives to. It originally had 4 drives and we added 4 more. The problem is that I added the new units to the existing ASP (1) and it turns out the new drives were a different size and model than the original 4 so they couldn't be added to the RAID parity set. I need to correct this before we go into production.

So, what I'd like to do is get these new drives as part of a protected raid set. Current disk protection status is:

Serial Resource ASP Unit Number Type Model Name Protection 1 Unprotected 1 68-0D9C14B 4326 074 DD002 Device Parity
        2   68-0DD6772  4326  074   DD004       Device Parity
        3   68-0DD7645  4326  074   DD003       Device Parity
        4   68-0DD75EF  4326  074   DD005       Device Parity
5 68-0DCE4C6 4327 050 DD008 Unprotected 6 68-0DCB227 4327 050 DD001 Unprotected 7 68-0DCF3A4 4327 050 DD006 Unprotected 8 68-0DCD5D9 4327 050 DD007 Unprotected I think I can make the 4327 drives part of a different ASP and then they can be part of a RAID set (correct?) The storage controller displays as a 573D when I use Work with Storage Resources. Or, is there a better way to do this? Also, I have typically worked with smaller system that have only one ASP, is there a downside to multiple ASP's?

If I do remove the 4327's from ASP 1 and create a new ASP, how do I move data off of them?

Just need a few pointers on how to proceed.

Pete Helgren