fyi, I found that there was an older version of the stream file on the
IFS, presumably with a different and conflicting CCSID that might have
been causing my problem.

I deleted the old file and retried the CPYTOIMPF and it worked ok.

thanks to all who helped.

On 6/7/06, rick baird <rick.baird@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Mel, I will.

On 6/6/06, Mel Rothman <mel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> Regarding RCDDLM(*LFCR), I keyed it in quickly after the default of
RCDDLM(*EOR) failed.

> It also works with RCDDLM(*CRLF).
>
> I'm also running on V5R3M0 with 5722SS1 cum level TC06142.
>
> Searching the V5R3M0 PTF cover letters,
>
>    http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/$$search?openform ,
>
> for CPYTOIMPF, finds a lot of PTFs, none of which appears to be the same
problem, but one
> never knows.
>
> You might check your system's PTF levels.
>
> Mel Rothman
>
> rick baird wrote:
>
> > Mel and Scott,
> >
> > On 6/6/06, Mel Rothman <mel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Rick,
> >>
> >> CPYTOIMPF with *PCASCII with a 65535 file containing only numerics (your
first file, named
> >> BAIRD) worked OK
> >
> > you're way ahead of me.
> >
> >> Here is the command I used:
> >>
> >> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(BAIRD) TOSTMF('/home/rothman/test.txt')
MBROPT(*REPLACE)