more strangeness.

this is the only dds in this source file that compiles at 65535.  all
the rest compile at 37.

I'm really starting to freak out here, there seems to be no rhyme or
reason for it to compile at 65535, but it just does.

why would one file compile at 37, and another compile at 65535, in the
same session, not submitted, one right after another?