Hi,

which release are you using?
If you are on release V5R3M0, the host variables (used in SQL statements)
must be unique in your source member. There is no workaround (at least I
don't know about a work around) other than renaming your host variables.

According to the IBM documentation there are some changes in release V5R4M0:
* The names of host variables must be unique within the program. The one
  exception is that if a stand-alone field, parameter, or both, are defined
  exactly the same as another stand-alone field, parameter, or both, the
  duplicated name is accepted.

* If a host variable is a duplicated name and does not belong to the
  exceptional category mentioned in the previous item, but does have the
  same type, the precompiler issues SQL0314 as a severity 11 error instead
  of its normal severity of 35. If you want to ignore these severity 11
  errors, change the GENLVL parameter value on the CRTSQLRPGI command to be
  11 or higher.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i.A. Birgitta Hauser

LUNZER + PARTNER GMBH