I have no doubt that there could be a substantial market for
inexpensive, low CPW systems as an upgrade path for customers using
S36E or other old green-screen apps.  These systems might be a could
way to move these customers a few small steps along the modernization
path.  But I have a hard time seeing the budget model happening, for
reasons discussed below.

Perhaps a better approach is hosted services. IBM (and the BP's) can
sell xCPW worth of hosted capacity on a big box at IBM's data center,
accessible across the internet.