Ken
do  you  think downloading  is a good idea?

        Glenn

At 07:16 PM 5/23/2006, Kendall Kinnear wrote:
According to an announcement earlier this month you can download most of
the release if you have a software maintenance contract. The
announcement letter says to see http://www.ibm.com/eserver/ess to get
instructions. IBM also announced that someday in the future they will be
charging for you to get CDs instead of downloading it directly. They
have waived the media charges for the time being.

If you don't want to download, just call the folks that sold you the
system and they should order it for you. Make sure you read the Software
Installation manual and the PSPs because there might be special
instructions to follow prior to doing the upgrade.

Kendall Kinnear
System i5 Architect
Stonebridge

Direct Telephone Number: 972.419.7709
Or Toll Free:  800.776.9755 x7709
Cell Phone Number:  214-676-3146
Fax Number:  972.455.7260
Kendall.Kinnear@xxxxxxxx
http://www.SBTI.com/
If you are interested in iSeries and application development, follow
Angus' blog at http://www.angustheitchap.com/