From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Rich
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:44 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Character at a time screen I/0?

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Albert York wrote:

> If you connect to the iseries as a Vt100 terminal it will do single
> character IO

While technically correct, this doesn't result in character at a time I/O
as the RPG program sees it.  At a lower level the computer changes the
character at a time I/O to screen at a time.  I need character at a time
I/O in my RPG program.

In addition, a vt100 terminal is neither iSeries Access nor a twinax
attached 5250 terminal.

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
        - billyskank on Groklaw