"Chris Bipes" wrote:
Do you see the local CA as a selection when you select a certificate store?

Dear Chris (et al):
I finally had a chance to look at their system again (it requires their cooperation and what appears to be some sort of "GoToMeeting" or GoTo-something session).

To my surprise (having never seen anything quite like it before), "Select a Certificate Store" brings up:
( ) Local Certificate Authority
( ) *SYSTEM
( ) Other System Certificate Store

If I select *SYSTEM, I have options to generate server certificates and apply them to applications, but no CA certificate to use in those options. If I select "Local Certificate Authority," I can generate user certificates (for which we have no need), but I have no options to generate server certificates or apply them to applications.

I didn't try "Other System Certificate Store"; that, too, is something I've never seen before.

So does this give anybody an indication of what I screwed up, and what I need to do in order to unscrew it?

====

As I said in a related thread, when I finally got the *ADMIN server to come up on our V5 test box, I found that, lacking a Crypto Access Provider, that box is out of the picture for now; I'm stuck with having to resolve this directly on the customer box, and at this stage, I'm looking like six different kinds of idiot.

--
JHHL