Great.  Thanks for your input, Charles.

Brian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilt, Charles [mailto:CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:08 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: SQL Ideas Please

Ah, good point.

I don't think you can.

You could use a Global temporary table instead.

DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE AS (
  SELECT SCACCODE,TRLRNUM,ASNNUM,ORDERTYP,ORDERNUM,MIN(FDATE) AS FDATE
  FROM SSW85
  GROUP BY SCACCODE, TRLRNUM, ASNNUM, ORDERTYP, ORDERNUM
);

DELETE FROM SSW85 A
Where not exists( select *
                  from (preserve P
                  where A.SCACODE  = P.SCACODE  AND
                        A.TRLRNUM  = P.TRLRNUM  AND
                        A.ASNNUM   = P.ASNNUM   AND
                        A.ORDERTYP = P.ORDERTYP AND
                        A.ORDERNUM = P.ORDERNUM AND
                        A.FDATE   = P.FDATE
                 );

Notice, that you have two separate statements now.

If you want a single statement, you could try...
DELETE FROM SSW85 A
Where not exists( select *
                  from ( SELECT
SCACCODE,TRLRNUM,ASNNUM,ORDERTYP,ORDERNUM,MIN(FDATE) AS FDATE
                         FROM SSW85
                         GROUP BY SCACCODE, TRLRNUM, ASNNUM, ORDERTYP,
ORDERNUM) P
                  where A.SCACODE  = P.SCACODE  AND
                        A.TRLRNUM  = P.TRLRNUM  AND
                        A.ASNNUM   = P.ASNNUM   AND