Couple things to look at:

1) File system you are FTPing IN to. IFS has a 1TB limitation in V5R3 but other file systems (i.e. QDLS) have smaller limitations.

2) Firewalls and other NAT based appliances in the middle MAY (whe not working correctly) drop the connection so you may need PASV if yer gettin dropped. That is they don't see data on the control channel so they drop that and then the transfer fails.

On Virtual Enet on i5 I see about 15 or so seconds per CD Image (600MB +-)

In V5R4 this should get even better because all the TCP checksum overhead is stripped out for VEnet. This can be done since VEnet is technically memory to memory where errors had better be *zero so why check.

 - Larry

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Anyone know if there is a file size limitation when FTP'ing between two
iSeries boxes?