Client Access printer session - in Portrait

fixed

Did you try the PAGRTT parameter of OVRPRTF?  Change it to 0.   I have found if
you do not specify PAGRTT(0), it defaults to *COR or whatever the printer is
set to.

---Dale

message: 8
date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:12:42 -0500
from: "Don Cavaiani" <dcavaiani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Client Access printer session -  in Portrait

Greetings,

We have been using HP Laser printers to print Iseries output for some time now.  We define the
Printer Session on Iseries with Client Access, then "point" to the laser printer, and all
works like "butter".

ALL if the Iseries prints, which we send to the laser via the C/A print session, are
AUTOMATICALLY "turned" or corrected so that they come out LANDSCAPE - whether
132 or 198 width printouts.

This is all good, except now we have ONE application (A/P checks) which MUST NOT
"turn", but rather print in the PORTRAIT orientation.  This is only an 83
character wide form (which we now print on an IBM 4243 continuous forms printer).  We
want to replace that method with 8.5 x 11 cut sheet forms loaded in the laser.  If have
tried many different options, (OVRPRTF, etc.) but CANNOT get the output to print PORTRAIT
- It still turns it to Landscape no matter what I have tried.

Anyone face and conquer this issue in the past?

Regards,
Don C.