From: Chavez, Rene (NBC Universal) [mailto:rene.chavez@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 14:57
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Automating downloading an Excel spread sheet to the series
using a macro

I'm sorry I wasn't clear.
I would like to code this process.
Starting with a preformatted Excel spread sheet that I would design for the
users.
Once the users have finished entering they would initiate a macro that would
save the sheet in .csv format.
The saved sheet would be saved to an IFS folder, then the macro would
initiate an iSeries job to
process the downloaded data.
Currently, the macro I have created does save the spread sheet in .csv
format to an IFS folder.
I then sign on to the iSeries to initiate the processing.
My request deals with adding the saving of the spread sheet & connecting to
the iSeries via ODBC
then initiating the iSeries job.

I hope this explanation clears thing up.

Thank you for your interest,   Rene