Trevor

Trevor Perry wrote:
Rob,

One more data entry myth flushed!
You really do stick your neck out.  Careful you don't lose your head.

I have no problem with this. When I am wrong, I will admit it and learn from the experience.
If your are admitting that you were wrong here that every book had a bar code, you disguised it very well.
And, unless the status quo is challenged, how will I learn or how will the world change?

Ironically, I am most well-known outside the midrange world for playing an historic character named Thomas Cromwell.
I have heard of him. I hope that you will forgive me if I say that I don't know of you in that role. Given that I said earlier "Careful you don't lose your head", it is ironic that you play a character who did lose his head - as I am sure you know, he was executed by King Henry VIII at the Tower of London.

Rob Dixon
www.erros.co.uk
I have a small library of books.  Very few have barcodes as they were
printed long before these were invented. Go and look in the Library of
Congress and find out what percentage of their holdings have barcodes.
It's in Washington DC.

And if this small library were to be catalogued, would you be sitting at a green screen doing heads-down data entry? Nope, you would be carefully entering the data about each book. This is NOT a heads-down data entry application. GUI or green makes no difference here.

Trevor