From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:44 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Display Tape Volume Information

When looking at a Display Tape Volume Information screen, can the size of
the saved item be determined by multiplying the block length by the file
length?  Below is an example of a DSPTAP showing a save of our IFS
(excluding QSYS.LIB and QDLS).  It seems that the block length x file
length should give the exact size of this saved item:

262144 x 133349 = 34,956,640,256

This seems to jibe very closely with my RTVDSKINF stat for User
Directories, but I want to make sure i'm getting the exact size of the
saved item as it is on the tape (I'm using the info to verify that the
saved item can be saved to a save file rather than a tape).  I think i'm on
the right track here...

Device . . . . . . :   TAP02             Volume ID  . . . . :   DOM302
Owner ID . . . . . :                     Density  . . . . . :   *ULTRIUM1
Type . . . . . . . :   *SL               Code . . . . . . . :   *EBCDIC
Data file label  . . . . . . . . . :   SAV20060427
File sequence  . . . . . . . . . . :   0000000004
Record format  . . . . . . . . . . :   U
Block attribute  . . . . . . . . . :
Record length  . . . . . . . . . . :   00000
Block length . . . . . . . . . . . :   262144
File length  . . . . . . . . . . . :   0000133349
Buffer offset  . . . . . . . . . . :
Control character  . . . . . . . . :

More...