Vengoal,

Thanks so much for this.  This is what I had suggested to
the user earlier, to change their job to 937 and then
specify 950 as the ASCII code page (which is I believe what
you described).

When I saw the job's CCSID, it kind of clicked why things
weren't working since it was a 37 code page for the job,
yet trying to convert DBCS data from a completely different
character set.

Again, many thanks for your help and suggestions!

Brad

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=42978&highlight=samba