Thanks for the detail!

Any thoughts on the 40mb cache controllers vs. the 757mb cache controllers?

We're around a 200 user Domino shop and a Websphere App Server shop (with
very light usage).  The 2757 controller made a huge positive impact in
performance for Domino, but the previous card was a 5702 with NO cache at
all.

             "Kendall Kinnear"
             <Kendall.Kinnear@
             SBTI.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/02/2006 11:34                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: DASD arm worksheets

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

IBM has changed to a I/O per second calculation for sizing disk on the
newer models. The way I do it is to collect performance data to determine
the current average I/Os per second. I then add a growth factor and
multiply that by the number of drives on the system. I then divide that
number by the number of I/Os per second the new disk subsystem can support
per drive. That can be anywhere from 40 to 60 depending on how conservative
you want to be. This will give an estimate of the number of drives to
propose.

Kendall Kinnear
Consulting System i5 Architect
Stonebridge