Ryan,

I was wrong (see the message from Brigitta), IndexSnglCol would exist
independently.

So the concern you have wouldn't be a factor.

My guess that your concerns are one of the reasons SQL indexes (access
paths) work different than DDS described access paths.

Sorry about the mis-direction.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343