hi ,,thanks for the reply..
  sir . i have already made a cionfirmation screen.by reading records in a
first subfile    that have been changed by the user(by placing option 4in the
option) using readc opcode  and  loading theese changed records in another
subfile(subfile record format).say screen 2 without option.now i was having
problem in reading the confirmation screen' s subfile  record format i e
reading screeen2without option from top to bottom and deleting records read
from screen2 one by one.
  is there any prob with my thinking . should i have to do some thing else.
  as i cannot perform readp  or read (gets error when try to use theese
commands )operation on screen2 having no option field .i think i should readc
again on the first screnn record format.and if  4 is found  then deleting..i
will try this ..
  well if you have any ideas please share with me  hamberg.
  thanks a lot
  and thanks for giving me information on uim panel groups i will try to get as
much info as i can on uim panel groups.as i havent studied them before.may be
theese could solve many of my problems.i dont have any book on uim panel
group..but i appretiates your suggesstion and will learn theese uim panel
groups....
  have a nice day

  vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  If you have not already done so, get the "Application Display Programming"
manual at InfoCenter - lots of stuff on subfiles, etc.

Having said that, along with the other suggestions you got, maybe you could
write a confirmation screen - even use the same one as the main display without
option field - take the various confirmation screens in PDM as an example.

You would, as stated by others, do CHAINs in a loop, either a FOR with the
number of records in the subfile, or with the appropriate error for running off
the end of a subfile - the first option is safer. You CHAIN on the subfile RRN.

Here's a barely serious suggestion -- If you really want to work hard and have
some fun, go with UIM panel groups - the confirm screen is almost automatic
with these. Not the easiest way to go, but IBM does most of their stuff with
them. Look in the above-mentioned manual. Lots of us use this for help text but
not many of us outside IBM use them for displays or printing.

HTH
Vern
From: sunny singh