I received a positive response from IBM about allowing more than one secure
remote host with the FTP client.  Here is their reponse with sensitive
information removed for this list.  The only thing you need to know for
contact info is the contact name for undocumented APIs is Bruce Vining.  He
can also answer questions about the undocumented APIs.  Ask IBM for more
information.

 "We have seen this issue before where people connect as an SSL FTP client
to different servers needing two different digital certificates and people
have to go into Digital Certificate Manager and unassign one certificate to
the FTP client and assign the other certificate to the FTP client.

After many discussions back and forth with development about not being able
to assign more than one certificate to the FTP client, we now have a viable
solution. There is an unpublished API called 'Update Certificate Usage'
that we can give to you to be able to switch certificate assignments
programmatically.  The reason this API is unpublished is that it was only
meant to be used by our DCM GUI and development reserves the right to
change the API without telling anyone.  In order for you to receive details
about this unpublished API you need to contact the following person in
order to fill out a 'Document of Understanding' form (essentially a release
form):

Bruce Vining

Also, on a positive note, development will be looking into possibly making
some changes within the FTP command to be able to specify an Application
ID.  This way we could create as many App IDs as we need in DCM and tell
FTP to use whichever one we need."

I emailed Bruce.  This should allow us to at least hang on for awhile and
not get caught without a production working solution.  It is good to see a
plan in place for this in the future.  FTPAPI will probably also have this
type of functionality in the future as it is in the refining stage but may
or may not have FTP script support then (just API procedures for each
function on an RPG program by program basis).

Craig Strong