Note that converting to Julian in CL will not help if you expect to be
able to cross year boundaries.  You can use Julian, but you'd have to
handle the change of year and the fact that the last day of a year could
be day 365 or day 366 yourself.

The problem is that CL has no date data type.

The easiest way to do this is to do it in RPG IV instead of CL.

If you absolutely have to use CL.  Then switch to CLLE and see about
using the ILE CEE APIs, Convert Date to Lilian Format (CEEDAYS) and
Convert Lilian Date to Character Format (CEEDATE).

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343