From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:04 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Remote IP Printer

After creating the IP output queue you can also create a "dummy device"
such as:

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(BREPRD) DEVCLS(*RMT) TYPE(*IPDS) MODEL(0) LOCADR(FD)
FONT(011 10.0) FORMFEED(*CONT) MSGQ(*LIBL/QSYSOPR)

When printer devices are created it attempts to create an OUTQ to go
with
it that matches the printer name.  Because one already exists with that
name it uses it instead of creating a new one.  After that you can use
either the device or the output queue and it will print just fine.  It
will
still show up with a status of *END if you do a WRKWTR but will appear
as
started if you do a WRKWTR *ALL.

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      Bryan Dietz

                      <BDietz@xxxxxxxxxx>         To:       Midrange
Systems Technical Discussion
                      Sent by:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        cc:

                      idrange.com                 Subject:  RE: Remote
IP Printer

                      04/27/2006 09:44 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

That is because it not a "real" printer.  It is an outq description that
uses (essentially) LPR to send output to the LAN printer.
The users need to use the outq() parm on the chgsplfa command.
or follow
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037
e/770fa496343139bc862565c2007d44cc?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,crtdevprt

If you want a "real" printer description you would need to creat a LAN
printer.
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037
e/00e3c3d5af21afa6862565c2007d437f?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,crtdevprt

Make sure you printer meets the hardware requirements.

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates