Sanjiva:

You can either assign a different partition as the :"service partition" or
make the server know that the service partiton number is *NONE (no
partition is the service partition).

Then, you can delete any partition you wish.  Please power it down first.

The "service partition" designation has to do with from where updates to
the firmware (the service processor microcode) is updated.  Your choices
are:

        The HMC (no service partition) using "out-of-band" updates
or
        A specified i5/OS partition (the "service" partition) using
"in-band" updates.

Dave Schnee,
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC