But recompiling on production of a source file that has not changed and
with default settings that have not changed now causes the same error.
What has changed with the system that could cause this?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 3:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Negative response code... RNX1251

You can't assume that they got compiled the same way, with the same
settings of parameters on CRTDSPF. Get a backup of the one on the
production and restore it, then compare DSPFD against them both. I
suspect you'll find something in the RSTDSP or DFRWRT attributes that is
different.

HTH
Vern

From: "John Wallroff" <jwallroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have a very frustrating problem. I am working on a display file that

> we have had for several years. This display file is now coming up with

> these errors when it is displayed, another display file is display and

> this display file is displayed for a 2nd time...
>

> Data sent to device FLJOHN1 not valid. Negative response code is
>
> 10050126.
>
> Permanent I/O error occurred in file IABS423.
>
> Function check. RNX1251 unmonitored by IABR423 at statement
0000000797,

> instruction X'0000'.
>
> Permanent I/O error occurred in file IABS423 (C G D F).
>
> Permanent I/O error occurred in file IABS423 (C G D F).
>

> We have 2 partitions on our iSeries, a Dev side and a Production side.

> I was making some changes to this display file on the Dev Box and I
> started getting this error while testing the changes. Well, long story

> short, I moved the old source files from Production onto the Dev box
> try to figure out where the problem really was. I compiled the
original
> display file and it's came up with the same error when I ran it. The
> production box was working so to test if it was some type of
> configuration difference between the Production box and the
Development