I received the following on a Consumer Advocacy Group mailing list I
subscribe to. It may be "off Thread", but since we all drive to work, it
may not be.

We are offering an open invitation to all US Citizens to use passive but
effective means to protest the Randomly Inflated price of Gasoline. This
will require some sacrifice and effort on your part, but the effects
upon Oil Suppliers, Distributors and Resellers at the Pump Level will
hopefully make the effort & sacrifice rewarding and effective.
Here is a list of our methods:

*       Pay attention to reports on advertised Pump Prices, and buy gas
from the lowest price Pump Resellers.
*       Buy Gas in very small quantities.
*       Even though it may take some effort and inconvenience, buy Gas
in very small quantities from several Gas Stations that are located
within a few blocks/miles from each other. This will significantly raise
the transaction costs for the end reseller. It will of course be an
inconvenience, but you will be paying nearly the same amount within 1-2
cents at another Gas Station a block or two away.
*       And especially as the Memorial Day or Arbor Day holidays
approach, simply do not buy gas, only to get back & forth from work.
Don't go shopping, except for essential groceries. This will also affect
retailers. Defer your Holiday plans to visit your relatives until
another time, since they will be more than happy you see whether it
coincides with any circumstances.
*       I you have an SUV that takes about  $80-100 to fill the tank,
rethink how you really use it, an perhaps trade it in for a 4 door Lexus
Sedan that gets about 25-30  MPG.

To summarize with a simple rule of thumb - buy as little gas as you
possibly can. Starting now, and extending indefinitely. We would set a
target succession of these actions once Gas Prices at the Pump return to
the reasonable level of $1.00-$1.25 Cents per gallon or less.

And of course, do not use illegal activities to express your
frustration:
*       Ide's (Improvised Explosive Devices).
*       RPG's (Rocket Propelled Grenades).
*       Firearms, either with the intent of Robbery or Targeting Gas
Pumps with APB (Armor Penetrating Bullets).
*       "Dumping at the Pump" - starting up the pump & locking it into
fill, then driving off with the gas flowing onto the Station Lot.
*       The popular "pump & run" technique.