If you just submit the QSH command

SBMJOB CMD(QSH CMD('find /tmp   -ls'))

the results (which would be sent to stdout if displayed)  will be
automagically spooled.

the only issue I see is if the print goes past 132 it will be truncated.

_____________________________
Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/20/2006 03:01:29 PM:

->
-> > Is there any way to have that spool to a splf?
->
-> Probably, but I don't know how to do it directly.  I suspect that
there's
-> a way, I just haven't figured it out yet :)
->
-> You can easily write the output to a PF, however.  I guess you could
then
-> print the PF.  For example, you could do the following:
->
-> PGM
->
->      DLTF QGPL/TEMPFILE
->      MONMSG CPF2105
->
->      CRTPF QGPL/TEMPFILE RCDLEN(132)
->      CHGCURDIR  DIR('/qsys.lib/qgpl.lib')
->
->      STRQSH CMD('find /TMP -ls > tempfile.file/tempfile.mbr')
->
->      CPYF FROMFILE(QGPL/TEMPFILE) TOFILE(QSYSPRT)
->      DLTF QGPL/TEMPFILE
->
-> ENDPGM
->
-> However, this doesn't take care of things like page breaks or printing
-> headers or any of that fun stuff.  Though, you could write an HLL
program,
-> for example in RPG, that reads the PF and inserts nice headers and page

-> breaks.
->
-> Perhaps a better solution would be to download the .TXT file from the
-> previous example to your PC and open it with Notepad.  Then you could
-> print it or do whatever you wanted with it.
->