From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 7:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Did we have another name change?

Tom,

This was my point at the Town Hall meeting at COMMON. I asked IBM to
give us the tools so we can (a) become a community again, and (b) can
call this
platform+OS a consistent name.

We have the name - System i - now, we need to come together as a System
community. Are you willing to call your AS/400 a System i? Are you
willing
to call you iSeries a System i?

I recently suggested that IBM give us stickers/labels to put on the
front of
our AS/400s and iSeries. This would include the AS/400 label and the
words
"a System i server". Maybe then, we can SEE that it is part of the new
family, and our vernacular would change. One can only hope

Trevor
P.S. Here is my suggestion
http://www.angustheitchap.com/Angus/Blog/C99E992D-2517-4630-89FF-5051135
D59BF_files/i.008.jpg