To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: *Max4GB or *Max1TB

I think I'll rip through and change everything in one fell swoop. Next
weekend is Easter, and they won't have anybody working.
--

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.

Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
04/08/2006 05:59 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: *Max4GB or *Max1TB

Hi Paul

I searched the iSeries support site for ACCPTHSIZ and found a couple
things. One has to do with access path sharing--

In R410, the default for Access path size (ACCPTHSIZ) changed to
*MAX1TB rather than *MAX4GB on the CRTLF and CRTPF commands and in
the SQL CREATE INDEX statement. Most existing access paths have an
attribute of *MAX4GB. These access paths cannot be shared by access
paths with an attribute of *MAX1TB. For access path sharing to occur,
change existing access paths to ACCPTHSIZ(*MAX1TB) or specify
ACCPTHSIZ(*MAX4GB) on the new access paths.

The other is from "The System Administrator's Companion to AS/400
Availability and Recovery"
Redbook http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg242161.pdf
section 16.14, where it says the 4-byte index is supposed to
circumvent seize locks. It also says not to mix the 2 kinds of indexes.

HTH
Vern