From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:16 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: *Max4GB or *Max1TB

I've got a client experiencing performance problems with his software
package. Many of the files have a huge number of logicals built over
them for various purposes. One has over 250 logicals and joined
logicals. All of the files are defined as having an acces path size of
4GB.

This system is also being hit with lots of ODBC requests that were
permitted to be built by the previous IT manager (windoze bigot).

I know how to throttle back the ODBC impact, but should I change the
acces path size to 1TB for just the logicals or both the physical and
its associated logicals to improve the overall performance?