Hmm.  Does the car come with a "valet finger"?

On a more serious note, one would also have to wonder about the ability
to clone the RF tag.  Place a reader at the entrance to a parking
garage, for instance, and pick up the signal as cars enter.  Burn a
matching signal to a new tag and drive off into the sunset.  While
people think RF tags can only be read inches away, that just depends on
the sensitivity of your reader.

Also, what does one do when the car is sold?  I hope there's some way to
disassociate the tag from the former owner & associate it with the new
owner.

And really, people who lose their keys deserve what they get.  For the
rest of us, this offers no benefit over the passive fob already
implemented in the Prius and a few other vehicles.  Walk up to your car
and it unlocks when it detects the presence of your fob.

Another and: Are RF ID tags safe?  Will they eventually degrade and
release toxins into your body?

Finally, two points: Do you get RFID tags implanted for each device (gun
lock triggers, cel phones, laptops, etc.) or a single one for
everything?  And once you have any single tag implanted, your movements
can be tracked by any entity that can deploy a fleet of tag readers.

John A. Jones, CISSP
Americas Information Security Officer
Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.
V: +1-630-455-2787 F: +1-312-601-1782