Pete,

Years ago, I was given this sage advice when dealing with twinax
terminals.

"Left is Right, and Right is Wrong"

If the cursor is in the upper left corner, that is a good thing.

If the cursor is in the upper right corner, that is a bad thing.  Either
the twinax connection is dead (99% of the time), or you do not have a
workstation entry in a subsystem.

For the 99% solution, you are on the right track.  Try another piece of
twinax, try another terminal pigtail, try to connect it to another port
on the "brick" and see if it comes up

For the 1% solution, When the system autoconfig's, is the name DSP01?
Get the name of the controlling subsystem, via DSPSYSVAL
SYSVAL(QCTLSBSD), and then WRKSBSD and check #5, Workstation type
entries, and make sure you have a *CONS entry with "Control job at"
value of *SIGNON

Good Luck,

Brian Dolinar

> I am stumped with this one. I have a 170 that I usually have a console
connected to but the thing is bulky and takes up > space so I unplugged
it and put it away. Now that I need it, I can't get the thing to give me
a signon screen. I tried 3 > different terminals. Three different twinax
cables and even a different 4 port "brick" I borrowed from another
machine. > No joy. I can delete DSP01 and it will autoconfig another one
(at address 0 port 0 on the correct controller) but the

> cursor just hangs on the right hand side of the screen. No signon.

> I *think* I have ruled out a hardware problem. There are no messages.
No SRC's. Nuthin'. It has to be a configuration