I personally have been very impressed with IBM support.
We threw a HD one time. I figured out what happened, called IBM at like 3 am. The technician walked me thru doing a backup of wht was around the magnetic hole, to get at what got updated since last backup, that was accessible. When the CEO showed up at 7 am he wondered how come I was in the office (I NEVER there at that hour) & I explained ... I also said we could not have anyone using the system until this fixed, that IBM was bringing in replacement part from another city, problems with airline connections, ETA NEXT DAY ... but reality was they got the job done by NOON the same day as my 3 am phone call.

Another story.

We were the first IBM customer to get a particular AS/400 printer connected to M/36 reality. There were some bugs. IBM partner hooked up the stuff Saturday, then after he left, I discovered some more problems. He had given me his home phone #. I call him like 11 pm on Saturday, apologize about the time, ask him if he would prefer to hear this at a more decent hour. Oh no, so I give him the details. He in turn calls IBM printer division, which on Sunday is able to replicate the situation from my data, come up with a solution, send it by direct connect to our IBM partners, and Monday morning they back in our office with the IBM fix, checking it out.

Me, I have the opposite.  In fact, coincidentally I JUST threw a disk drive.
I mean literally as I was reading your message, Al.  And I called IBM and
they'll be out here to replace the drive tonight.  No muss, no fuss, no
charge.

I'm okay with that.

Joe