Kenneth,  I think you can do what you want using the SAV and RST commads.

You should be able to save the "gold copy" storage space and the restore
it to a new named space for use in another server.

this book might help with save and restore:

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/sg246959.html?Open

chapter 7

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates