From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wilt, Charles
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 1:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Chagning Job Q definition

Oh yeah,

One more piece of advice.

If you're going to have programs that depend on the fact that only one
job from a particular job queue is active at once; then QBATCH2 is a
poor choice of for a name.

Instead, call it SINGLE, BATCHONE or something else that makes it
obvious that you expect only one job to be run at a time from the given
queue.

That way your successor won't get bit when he gets his new i6 or
whatever and say "hey with all this extra power we can run multiple jobs
out of QBATCH2 now to."

Actually, I personally tend to frown on limiting job queues like this.
There's usually a better way to handle the problem.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121