Rob,

Taking a page from your book, I opened a PMR with the same question.

The reply I got back was, "The New System Install check list is no
longer used. The best resources are the Install Guide, SC41-5120-07 for
V5R3 and the InfoCenter."

Good point about QCTL vs. QBASE and Domino servers, the checklist I
remember discussed when to use one over the other.  I would hope that an
updated checklist, if it existed, would cover your Domino Server-only
scenario.

It seems to me that IBM doesn't expect new customers to configure a
system themselves anymore.  If they don't have prior experience with the
iSeries, then they had better be paying for a consultant.  I disagree
with this idea.  I can see the point, but on the flip side, if you're
new to a system and you're going to have to admin it, then you'd better
learn enough to set it up in the first place.  After all, the smaller
boxes are supposed to be "customer installable" right?

Ez-setup, assuming the links worked, would be close.  But while it
covers the "new" stuff like TCP/IP networking, email, web server,
internet connectivity, it leaves out the "old" stuff like choosing a
controlling subsystem and setting the system name.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121