To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Going from v4r4 to v5r3 or 4

On 23 Mar 2006 at 13:24, Pat (Pat Barber <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented about Re: Going from v4r4 to v5r3 or 4:

Sorry... I missed this one.

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247200.html?Open

Pat Barber wrote:

> There is always the books and manuals:
>
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp3997.html?Open
>
> This ought to get you real close.....
Oh no.....    Not another manual !!!

Do I have to read these things?

I have lots of old manuals I read.

Doesn't that count for something?

Manuals take time.

And it doesn't get the job done while you are reading.  :-)

Just kidding.  Before you all bombard me with emails saying I have to
read 45 more manuals before I get started please let me assure you I
know, I have to read everything under the sun.  I have done a number of
other upgrades.  That's why I am asking these questions because I know
each upgrade has it's rules to follow.

Pat,

You are really great.  This is exactly what I needed.  I read the first
manual and found out I have to wipe out everything on the new 520 and
install v4r4 then upgrade to v5r1 then I'm guessing (since the manual
doesn't cover it) upgrade to v5r4.  It says I have to do this Multi-step
upgrade.  It sounds like fun.

Thank you Pat very much for the manuals.  I don't know what I'd do with
out them.

Thank you,

Gary Kuznitz