Pass the parm.

The RPG program will need a *ENTRY line at the beginning of the c-specs, with the parm following immediately. Define the parm in the D-specs.

  C    *ENTRY     PLIST
  C               PARM              pUSERID

for example. In the RPG program fill the field pUSERID with the value you wish to pass.

In the CL where you are now calling your program, add the parm. (The easiest way is to use F4 on that line to add the parm keyword.) Also, in the CL you will need to define the parm again. It doesn't have to be the same name but it does need to be the same size.

That should do what you want.

steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Please bear in mind that multiple users will be using this program.
It will allow them to get PDF's sent to themselves or overseas.
I am trying to see the best way to do something. I could use a data area
or a small output file.

We have users who can get reports emailed to them. If you change the
USRDATA area and OUTQ on the OVRPRTF, it's done.

The name used on the USRDATA is not the same as the profile. This has to
be retrieved from a Control file that is very large.

I thought of reading this file in the CL but it would likely take time.

I can get this info from the prev. RPG program veryu simply. What would be
the mechanics of getting this back to the CL?

Thanks,
Steve
list