From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:25 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: date validate

because you can't define a date field only in a DSPF, but you can define a
timestamp.  It's just easy to define a 6, 0 numeric field and apply and
EDIT CODE to it.

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             "kempenich"
             <kempej01@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: date validate
             03/15/2006 11:38
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

 Why not define the screen field as a date field? Joe--- On Wed 03/15, &lt;
steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx &gt; wrote:From: [mailto: steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]To:
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Wed, 15 Mar 2006
09:21:11 -0700 (MST)Subject: RE: date validateI am getting this error cond.
CDate, Time or Timestamp value is not valid (C G D F).Type reply, press
Enter.Reply . . .iow, it breaks up the screen, rather than letting my
program handle it.I defined thisD Datefield S D DATFMT(*ymd)I move the date
from the screen to Datefield. The date on screen isdefined as num. 6
00.Then I do the TESTc test datefield 22c if *in22 = *onc iterc endifWhy
doesn't the program logic kick in?Thanks,Steve-- This is the Midrange
Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing listTo post a message
email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
posting, please take a moment to review the archivesat
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.