Sorry if you took exception to my opinion.  But I feel that you are
recreating the wheel.

Most 3rd and 4th generation languages provide a date checker.

I see the TEST (DE) as doing the same thing that your procedure does.

However, I do like your procedure to tell you the day of week and whatever
else that cannot be done with BIF.  We have one that does that too.

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             Bill  Meecham
             <BMeecham@weicher
             trealtors.net>                                             To
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/15/2006 09:14                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: date validate

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Thank you so much!
Still

eval  myDate = myvalidator(myDate:myFormat);  plus a prototype works
anywhere I want and returns what I want....(encapsulation)

cheers,
bill