Alright,  you need to check for  %Found() instead of %EOF().

Here's how your code should go.

DoW '1';                                // Creates and infinite loop
  Chain SFLRRN scn01b;                  // Chains to subfile record
  If not %Found(display file name);     // Check to see if subfile record
number was found
     Leave;                             // if not found, leave loop
  EndIf;
  ExSr Validate;                        // Validate subfile record
  ...                                   // do something else
  UPDATE scn01b;                        // update subfile record
  SFLRRN += 1;                          // advance to next subfile record
EndDo;

BTW, don't worry, you'll get a hang of it.  You just have to develop your
own style.

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             Jen Raihala
             <jen_raihala@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/10/2006 02:11                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: Subfile validation issues

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Checking for EOF (There are only 42 lines in the subfile and I want to  get
it going "manually" before stuffing it in a FOR loop).

  And only updating on the subfile (once everything is correct (and F5 is
pressed), a different loop writes to the actual pf)

  Probably duplicating and making spaghetti out of something that should be
15 lines of code I know, but I am learning slowly.

Grizzly Malchow <grizzlym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Is sf1rrn equal to
the first rrn in the subfile before you chain?
When you say EOF are you chaining and checking for %EOF, or chaining and

checking for %Found, or both?
Are you only updating if the record is %FOUND in the subfile?