On 3/9/06, David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A co-worker just forwarded me an email he got inviting him to a ISV
> breakfast meeting for "System i" ISV's.
>
> Did I miss something again?  I thought it was "System i5"?
>
> As useless as the change from AS400 to iSeries was, I *LIKED* iSeries.
> It was easy to search on.
>
> How can the market get interested on a system when the name keeps
> getting changed ... and inconsistently at that.

how are the new i5 systems selling?  I think our only chance of
surviving is if sales drop and IBM is forced to introduce pricing
parity between the i5 and p5.

Here is a decently equipped 270 that sold today on ebay for $621.77

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5874786049

Here is a fun interview with Jim Gray,  a database guru at MSFT.
http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=168181

What he said in the interview that caught my attention had nothing to
do with databases.  Gray said when he went to work for DEC he and
everyone else thought the company was healthy, but in actuality it was
in a "power dive". What is our system doing lately?

-Steve